With Communication Disorders Since 1936
MNSHA is working closely with related service associations across Minnesota (i.e., MN Dept of Education/MDE, MN Department of Health/MDH, MN Department of Human Services/DHS) to help provide resources to AuDs and SLPs.
RESOURCES FOR SCHOOL-BASED SPEECH LANGUAGE-PATHOLOGISTS AND AUDIOLOGISTS
As always, please contact your district or co-op leads, supervisors, special education coordinators and directors for current job expectations and requirements.
- Minnesota Department of Education : Special Education COVID-19 resources (links to Special Education Instruction, Services and Programming; Due Process; Early Learning; Special Education Finance; Family Resources)
- COVID-19 Updates
- Specific information regarding special education
- US Department of Education
RESOURCES FOR HEALTH CARE-BASED SPEECH LANGUAGE-PATHOLOGISTS AND AUDIOLOGISTS
- Speech-Language Pathologist and Audiologist Licensing
- Temporary Changes to Background Studies due to COVID-19 Pandemic
- Health Occupations Program Extends Professional License Renewals (8/3/2020)
- Updates on MDH Licensure Renewals (6/5/2020)
- Updates on Regulatory Requirements Affected by Governor’s Emergency Executive Order (April 21,2020)
- Temporary modification of DHS background study requirements – Emergency background studies
- Minnesota Health Care Programs webpage for updates related to to Covid-19 changes (MHCP Manual)
For questions about assessments and their use with telepractice- see the publisher’s website for guidance (a few are listed below):
- MN School Psychologist Association
- Determining A Child’s Eligibility for Early Intervention Services Remotely
INFORMATION FOR CLIENTS, STUDENTS AND FAMILIES & COMMUNITY RESOURCES
- Aphasia friendly COVID Information
- Food Resources:
- For specific information about how to manage food insecurity in your area, check your school district and local city government websites.
- Additional information can be found at MDE: Food and Nutrition Resources During COVID-19.
- Unemployment Application Information
- Emotional wellness support:
- Crisis Resources